Colfax CXi™ Systems based on Intel® Data Center Blocks
To Drive Innovation and Insights, You'll Need Systems That Can Keep Pace.
Colfax CXi™ systems portfolio supports a wide range of demands and needs—from essential features, to mainstream, to high performance.
Based on 2nd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors and Intel® Optane™ Persistent Memory, they deliver breakthrough
memory and storage capacity and performance.
* Memory Support and Population Guidelines
The servers supports up to 24 DDR4 DIMMs, 12 per processor. Each installed processor supports six memory channels via two integrated memory controllers (IMC). On the server board,
memory channels are assigned an identifier letter A through F, with each memory channel supporting two DIMM slots.
Intel® Optane™ persistent memory module supports the following operating modes:
- Memory Mode - In Memory Mode (MM), Intel® Optane™ persistent memory works as the main large volatile (non-persistent) system memory. While in Memory Mode,
all available traditional DRAM within the same memory controller functions as the write-back L4 cache for Intel® Optane™ persistent memory module. This lowers
the cost of total system memory capacity versus only traditional DRAM while maintaining near-DRAM performance.
- App Direct mode - App Direct (AD) mode allows Intel® Optane™ persistent memory module to work as persistent memory,
maintaining data integrity while power is lost for applications while sustaining near-DRAM performance.
While in App Direct mode, DRAM operates as normal system memory and Intel® Optane™ persistent
memory module functions as application storage.
- Mixed mode - Mixed mode allows partial use of Intel® Optane™ persistent memory module’s capacity to work as a large
pool of volatile system memory, and for the remaining capacity to work as persistent memory for applications with near-DRAM performance. The capacity dedicated to volatile system memory must meet the
Memory Mode population criteria, and any remaining capacity will be available as persistent memory for application storage and must be supported by the OS, driver, and application.
Intel, the Intel logo, Intel Optane and Xeon are trademarks or registered trademarks of Intel
Corporation in the U.S. and/or other countries.
* Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.