- 2x 3rd Gen Intel® Xeon® Scalable Processors
- 32x DIMM Sockets Supporting ECC DDR4 RDIMM and LRDIMM
- Expansion Slots
- 2x PCIe 4.0 x16 Slots (Full-Height Half-Length)
- 1x OCP Gen3 4.0 x16 Mezzanine Slot
- 1x OCP Gen2 3.0 x8 Mezzanine Slot
- 8x 2.5" SAS/SATA + 2x 2.5" Gen4 U.2 NVMe SSD Drive Bays
- Intel® VROC Support
- 2x 1Gb/s Intel® I350-AM2 LAN Ports
- 1x Dedicated Management Port
- 2x 1300 Watts RPSU, 80 PLUS Platinum
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download.
GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish (RESTful API) connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
- GSM Server - a software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM CLI - a command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM Agent* - a software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile - a remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
- GSM Plugin - a plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
* GSM Agent is currently compatible with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 BMC firmware, but not yet compatible with Megarac SP-X BMC firmware.
Intuitive & Informative User Interface
Starting from the GSM Server dashboard, the user can clearly understand the status of each node in the IT environment, including:
- Node connection status (system is online/offline)
- Node hardware sensor status (to detect hardware anomalies). Sensors measure voltage, fan speed and temperature
- Node usage rate status (allowing you to timely allocate more resources when they are needed), including:
- Power consumption
- Disk/RAID usage information
- Memory usage rate
- CPU usage rate
- Network card / PCI information
The user can also perform various management functions, including:
- Node remote access
- Power on / off / reset
- Launch iKVM
- Reboot BMC / BMC Account Configuration
- Network Configuration
- Alert Management
- SNMP trap setting
- Platform events filters
- Forwarding alerts by email
- BMC / BIOS / CPLD Update
- Power Consumption Limit Setting
- Group Management
- Create groups of nodes for BMC / BIOS update or manage power consumption settings
GSM Mobile for iOS and Android
A GSM Mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android mobile phones for remote server management on the go.
Management through VMware vCenter
A GSM Plugin is available for VMware’s vCenter, allowing the user to perform remote monitoring and management of server nodes without having to switch to a separate software platform.
GIGABYTE Management Console (AMI MegaRAC SP-X)
The server utilizes a AMI MegaRAC SP-X platform for BMC server management, with a feature rich and easy to use browser-based graphical user interface. Notable features include:
- RESTful API support (including the latest DMTF standards of Redfish) allows the administrator to integrate with 3rd party applications for server management
- HTML5-based iKVM remote management client included as a standard feature, no additional add-on license required to purchase
- Detailed FRU information from SMBIOS
- Pre-event automatic video recording feature from 10 to 30 seconds
- SAS/RAID controller monitoring feature