- Rear Access Nodes
- Front Access Nodes
- Short Depth
- 4x AMD EPYC™ 7002 Series Processors (1/Node)
- 32x DIMM Sockets Supporting ECC DDR4 RDIMM and LRDIMM (8/node)
- 8x PCIe 4.0 x16 Low-Profile Slots (2/node)
- 4x OCP 2.0 3.0 x16 Mezzanine Slots (1/node)
- 4x 2.5" Hot-Swap NVMe Drive Bays (1/node)
- 8x M.2 with PCIe 3.0 x4 Interface (2/node)
- 8x 1Gb/s Intel® I350-AM2 LAN Ports (2/node)
- 4x Dedicated Management Ports (1/node)
- 1x CMC / Ring Topology Module (Optional)
- 2x 1200 Watts RPSU, 80 PLUS Platinum
Optional CMC / Ring Topology Module
The server supports an optional CMC / Ring Topology Module, featuring an Aspeed CMC (Central Management Controller), LAN hub and dual MLAN ports for multi-node
management (including iKVM support) by connecting internally to Aspeed BMCs integrated on each node. This results only in one MLAN connection required to perform
management of all four nodes, resulting in less ToR (Top of Rack) cabling and switch connections.
In addition, the LAN hub and dual MLAN ports support the ability to create a "ring" connection for management of all servers in the rack - only two ToR (Top of Rack)
switch connections are needed to create the ring system, and the ring will not be broken even if one server in the chain is shut down, reducing cabling and switch port
usage for greater cost savings and management efficiency.
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM)
GIGABYTE Server Management (GSM) is GIGABYTE’s proprietary multiple server remote management software platform, available as a free download.
GSM is compatible with either IPMI or Redfish (RESTful API) connection interfaces, and comprises the following sub-programs:
- GSM Server - a software program with an easy to use browser-based GUI to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM CLI - a command-line interface program to enable global remote monitoring and management of multiple GIGABYTE servers via each server node’s BMC.
- GSM Agent* - a software program installed locally on each GIGABYTE server node that retrieves additional node information (CPU/Mem/HDD/PCI/…) from the OS and passes it to the BMC. This information can then be utilized by GSM Server or GSM CLI.
- GSM Mobile - a remote server management mobile APP, available for both Android and iOS.
- GSM Plugin - a plugin that allows the user to manage and monitor GIGABYTE server nodes within VMware’s vCenter.
* GSM Agent is currently compatible with Avocent MergePoint IPMI 2.0 BMC firmware, but not yet compatible with Megarac SP-X BMC firmware.
Intuitive & Informative User Interface
Starting from the GSM Server dashboard, the user can clearly understand the status of each node in the IT environment, including:
- Node connection status (system is online/offline)
- Node hardware sensor status (to detect hardware anomalies). Sensors measure voltage, fan speed and temperature
- Node usage rate status (allowing you to timely allocate more resources when they are needed), including:
- Power consumption
- Disk/RAID usage information
- Memory usage rate
- CPU usage rate
- Network card / PCI information
The user can also perform various management functions, including:
- Node remote access
- Power on / off / reset
- Launch iKVM
- Reboot BMC / BMC Account Configuration
- Network Configuration
- Alert Management
- SNMP trap setting
- Platform events filters
- Forwarding alerts by email
- BMC / BIOS / CPLD Update
- Power Consumption Limit Setting
- Group Management
- Create groups of nodes for BMC / BIOS update or manage power consumption settings
GSM Mobile for iOS and Android
A GSM Mobile app is available for download for both iOS and Android mobile phones for remote server management on the go.
Management through VMware vCenter
A GSM Plugin is available for VMware’s vCenter, allowing the user to perform remote monitoring and management of server nodes without having to switch to a separate software platform.
GIGABYTE Management Console (AMI MegaRAC SP-X)
The server utilizes a AMI MegaRAC SP-X platform for BMC server management, with a feature rich and easy to use browser-based graphical user interface. Notable features include:
- RESTful API support (including the latest DMTF standards of Redfish) allows the administrator to integrate with 3rd party applications for server management
- HTML5-based iKVM remote management client included as a standard feature, no additional add-on license required to purchase
- Detailed FRU information from SMBIOS
- Pre-event automatic video recording feature from 10 to 30 seconds
- SAS/RAID controller monitoring feature